[GRASS-user] Specifying wxPython version at grass start

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Sep 1 06:35:31 PDT 2016

On Thu, 1 Sep 2016, Anna Petrášová wrote:

> there is en error: invalid literal for int() with base 10: 'wx'.
>
> What does this output?
>
> import wx
> print wx.__version__

[rshepard at salmo ~]$ python
Python 2.7.5 (default, May 29 2013, 03:26:28)
[GCC 4.8.0] on linux2
>>> import wx
>>> print wx.__version__
2.8.12.1

   So, python-2.7.5's seeing the correct wx version. Python3 finds no wx
module to import. Looking again at the wxPython.org web site I see that the
3.0.x "classic" series appears to fix OSX issues, not linux. So, I just
removed the 3.0.2.0 package.

   Still see the same startup error:

grass72
Starting GRASS GIS...
ERROR: wxGUI requires wxPython >= 2.8.10.1. invalid literal for int() with
base 10: 'wx'.
ERROR: Error in GUI startup. See messages above (if any) and if necessary,
please report this error to the GRASS developers.
On systems with package manager, make sure you have the right GUI package,
probably named grass-gui, installed.
To run GRASS GIS in text mode use the -text flag.
Use '--help' for further options
      grass72 --help
See also: https://grass.osgeo.org/grass72/manuals/helptext.html
Exiting...