[GRASS-user] Specifying wxPython version at grass start [UPDATE]

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Sep 3 09:29:18 PDT 2016

On Thu, 1 Sep 2016, Anna Petrášová wrote:

> there is en error: invalid literal for int() with base 10: 'wx'.
>
> What does this output?
>
> import wx
> print wx.__version__

Anna, et al.:

   Only wxPython-2.8.12.1 is installed.

   I built, installed, and tested all 7.x flavors:

 	- 7.0_release loads just fine.
 	- 7.2_release does not recognize wxPython > 2.8.10 is installed.
 	- 7.3_trunk does not recognize wxPython > 2.8.10 is installed.

This suggests to me that the issue is not the wxPython version itself, but
something in the wx GUI code that changed from 7.0 to the newer 7.2 release
and 7.3 development version. If the problem is local--and that's always a
reasonable possibility--how can I test to learn why 7.0 will load but not
newer versions?

Rich