[GRASS-user] Specifying wxPython version at grass start [UPDATE]

Anna Petrášová kratochanna at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 09:44:04 PDT 2016

On Sat, Sep 3, 2016 at 12:29 PM, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Sep 2016, Anna Petrášová wrote:
>
>> there is en error: invalid literal for int() with base 10: 'wx'.
>>
>> What does this output?
>>
>> import wx
>> print wx.__version__
>

> Anna, et al.:
>
>   Only wxPython-2.8.12.1 is installed.
>
>   I built, installed, and tested all 7.x flavors:
>
>         - 7.0_release loads just fine.
>         - 7.2_release does not recognize wxPython > 2.8.10 is installed.
>         - 7.3_trunk does not recognize wxPython > 2.8.10 is installed.
>
> This suggests to me that the issue is not the wxPython version itself, but
> something in the wx GUI code that changed from 7.0 to the newer 7.2 release
> and 7.3 development version. If the problem is local--and that's always a
> reasonable possibility--how can I test to learn why 7.0 will load but not
> newer versions?

The error comes from gui/wxpythoncore/globalvar. I don't think there
were any significant changes. If you are able to edit and recompile,
try to find out where the error (invalid literal for int) comes from,
I suggest to start here:
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/trunk/gui/wxpython/core/globalvar.py#L78

Also check if you have GRASS_WXVERSION defined, you don't need to
define when you run the default version.