[GRASS-user] Versions 7.x startup issues

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Sep 6 09:45:42 PDT 2016

   I just tried to use the development trunk branch (7.3) after defining a
location and mapset. Grass did not start because of g.extension errors:

List of addons cannot be obtained because g.extension failed.

Reason: Process ended with non-zero return code 1. See errors in the (error)
output.

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/local/grass-7.3.svn/gui/wxpython/core/toolboxes.py", line 507,
in _getAddons
     output = gcore.read_command('g.extension', quiet=True, flags='ag')
   File "/usr/local/grass-7.3.svn/etc/python/grass/script/core.py", line 461,
in read_command
     return handle_errors(returncode, stdout, args, kwargs)
   File "/usr/local/grass-7.3.svn/etc/python/grass/script/core.py", line 329,
in handle_errors
     returncode=returncode)
CalledModuleError: Module run None ['g.extension', '--q', '-ag'] ended with
error
Process ended with non-zero return code 1. See errors in the (error) output.

   So I changed to 7.2, but now I cannot define a new location. My grass
database directory remains ~/grassdata. When I try to define a new location
(Oregon-Dayton) and specify a .shp file for the projection data, it does not
appear in the location choice list. Yet, if I close grass, restart it, and
try to add that location as 'new' the application tells me it already
exists. But, I cannot select it if I don't see the name.

   What have I missed here?

Rich