[GRASS-user] Raster renamed but d.rast does not find it

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Sep 9 11:46:20 PDT 2016

   GRASS-7.3. With 'g.rename rast=hdr,bare_earth_2010' I renamed the raster
file called 'hdr' to 'bare_earth_2010'.

   In the console:

> g.list type=raster
bare_earth_2010
highest_hit_2010

shows the two renamed raster files.

   Using the GUI I try to display bare_earth_2010 and the Layer Manager
console window displays:

Failed to run command 'd.rast map=hdr at topography'. Details:

GRASS_INFO_ERROR(4555,1): Raster map <hdr at topography> not found
GRASS_INFO_END(4555,1)
Failed to run command 'd.rast map=hdr at topography'. Details:

GRASS_INFO_ERROR(4556,1): Raster map <hdr at topography> not found
GRASS_INFO_END(4556,1)
Failed to run command 'd.rast map=hdr at topography'. Details:

GRASS_INFO_ERROR(4724,1): Raster map <hdr at topography> not found
GRASS_INFO_END(4724,1)

   d.rast from the command line fails, too:

> d.rast map=bare_earth_2010
ERROR: Neither MONITOR (managed by d.mon command) nor
        GRASS_RENDER_IMMEDIATE (used for direct rendering) defined

   How do I correct this name mis-match?

Rich