[GRASS-user] Unable to link to postgis/postgresql

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Tue Sep 13 01:19:44 PDT 2016

Le Mon, 12 Sep 2016 13:22:29 +0200,
Stefan Lüdtke <sluedtke at gfz-potsdam.de> a écrit :

> Hi list,
>
> I hope this is not a duplicate, but I could not find any solution on
> the web by know.
>
> I trying to connect to a remote postgresql database, without success.
>
> What I have done:
>
> 1)
> db.connect driver=pg
> database="host=vmhydro27,dbname=cedim_rfra,port=5432"

As this is the standard port, you could try without the port=5432 part
in the database definition string.

> 2)db.login driver=pg database=cedim_rfra user=sluedtke password=#####
> host=vmhydro27

Try with either no database info in the db.login call, or with the port
parameter set, i.e.

db.login user=sluedtke password=######

or

db.login driver=pg database=cedim_rfra user=sluedtke password=#####
host=vmhydro27 port=5432

Moritz