[GRASS-user] GRASS raster curvature analysis type

Djordje Spasic issworld2000 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 13 16:07:04 PDT 2016

Dear Mrs. Patrasova, Mr. Metz, Mr. Kudrnovsky, Mr. Neteler,
Thank you all for the replies!!
@ Mr. Metz:
So curvature analysis in GRASS are neither Gaussian nor Mean curvature analysis types? Did I understand that correctly?

@ Mr. Kudrnovsky, Mrs. Patrasova:Both source codes seem to mention the profile and tangential curvature.

@Mr. Neteler:
The book is a bit expensive (for my country) but seems to be quite good as well!
I also not sure just looking at the equations would help me identify whether it is Gaussian or Mean curvature type, due to my non-mathematical non-GIS background.

Kind regards,
Djordje Spasic