[GRASS-user] Importing data in .atx/.gdb format

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 00:35:16 PDT 2016

On Wed, Sep 14, 2016 at 1:55 AM, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Sep 2016, Blumentrath, Stefan wrote:
>
>> Thus, you should be able to import your transport data (assuming it is
>> vector) with v.in.ogr. A FGDB is as you say also a folder, but if I am not
>> mistaken you do not have to provide special files to OGR:
>> v.in.ogr input=your_FGDB_folder layer=the_relevant_layer
>> output=your_output
>

> Stefan,
>
>   This almost works -- using the GUI. I've no idea which file represnts the
> relevant layer.

There is no need to know which file represents the relevant layer.
This is actually the wrong question because a layer can be part of a
file, a file, multiple files, a directory, part of a (local or remote)
database, a WMS query etc, depending on the OGR-recognized format. On
the commandline, v.in.ogr input=datasourcename -l will list all layers
recognized by OGR where datasourcename can be pretty much anything.

Markus M