[GRASS-user] Location not displayed when grass started

Blumentrath, Stefan Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Wed Sep 14 11:19:46 PDT 2016

Hei Rich,

Good to see that you don`t give up even if you ran into several issues or undocumented peculiarities.

As for the grass database:
I am not sure if I understand your question well, but in principle only GRASS itself should create or delete files and folders within the GRASS database.

At import data is converted into GRASS format, and GRASS creates the files and folders needed for that.

In short, do not write or delete files and folders in your GRASS database "manually" you can messup your DB.
You would not save shape files in the FGDB directory either, would you?

Cheers
Stefan