[GRASS-user] Importing data in .atx/.gdb format [RESOLVED ... REALLY!]

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Thu Sep 15 00:55:47 PDT 2016

Le mercredi 14 septembre 2016 23:47:57, Rich Shepard a écrit :
> On Wed, 14 Sep 2016, Helmut Kudrnovsky wrote:
> > "." is this really your directory which holds the filegdb data?
>
> Helmut,
>
>    Bash recognizes this as cwd (current working directory). However, ...

I've just added support in the OGR FileGDB & OpenFileGDB drivers for '.' as a
valid dataset name (the resolved directory of '.' must still end up with .gdb)

>    Here's a summary of what I did so that others can gain from my learning
> and import a OFGDB data file on the first try.
>
>    0.  Run ogrinfo -al on the source directory and direct output to a text
> file. In my case it produced a 2.4G output file. Read from the top (less
> output.txt | less) the projection information, including the EPSG
> projection code.

You can use ogrinfo -al -so (-so means Summary Only) to avoid listing the
features and get only projection info, feature count and field definitions. Will
save you a few gigabytes.

http://www.spatialys.com