[GRASS-user] Importing data in .atx/.gdb format [RESOLVED ... REALLY!]

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Sep 15 10:17:52 PDT 2016

On Thu, 15 Sep 2016, Even Rouault wrote:

> You can use ogrinfo -al -so (-so means Summary Only) to avoid listing the
> features and get only projection info, feature count and field
> definitions. Will save you a few gigabytes.

   I just tried to import a different transportation map in OpenFileGDB
without success. The location is the same as the previous map so I let grass
create a new mapset, moved the source files there, restarted grass, and was
told there was no layers selected. That's because none were displayed from
the source .gdb directory.

   From the command line 'ogrinfo -al -so' fails; it cannot open any file
regardless of type. Yet, the directory contains the same file names as the
previous transportation map: *.atx, *.gdb*. The metadata.xml file has no
EPSG number listed so I used the same 2992/mod 6 as with the other map.

   Can someone suggest a diagnostic procedure to identify what's different
with this data set?

TIA,

Rich