[GRASS-user] Topology built on demand

Blumentrath, Stefan Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Thu Sep 22 12:52:28 PDT 2016

Hi Luiz,

It either very simple to answer your question or a quite difficult to answer based on the information your provided.

The simple answer would be: Yes, of course this is possible in GRASS, thanks to it\s topological vector model! But that is probably not the answer you are after ;-)

In order to give you suggestions on what to do however, we would need more information on what you actually want to achieve.

Furthermore, I am afraid not everybody is familiar with the terms you use (at least I am not):
What is you “spatial data structure”? Is that a set of thematic shape files? Several land cover types from one land cover dataset?
What are sfs layers?
What do you mean by “on demand” or “hierarchy”? Do you actually want to “snap” your hydrography data (and so on) to the vegetation data?
Is there any (spatial) relation between the layers in your “spatial data structure” at the moment?
Could you provide us with some examples?

Cheers
Stefan