[GRASS-user] Query Related to i.landsat8.swlst

Blumentrath, Stefan Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Sat Sep 24 12:01:36 PDT 2016

Hei Eddison,

There was a question about i.landsat8.swlst on the GRASS user mailing list very recently:
https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-user/2016-September/075134.html
Maybe the answer is useful for you too.

In general it is advisable to send such questions to the mailing list. There are more people who can answer or give you advise.

As for your specific question:
Yes, you can run i.landsat8.swlst only with band 10 and 11. Yet, you may be interested in excluding invalid pixels using the QA band (BQA). You can do that in i.landsat8.swlst or using the i.landsat8.qc addon (https://grass.osgeo.org/grass70/manuals/addons/i.landsat8.qc.html). In this case you would have to import band QBA too.

If you are concerned about data duplication, you can use r.external (https://grass.osgeo.org/grass70/manuals/r.external.html)  to just link the bands to your GRASS DB.

Cheers
Stefan