[GRASS-user] r.sim.water: calculating input maps

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Sep 26 13:07:57 PDT 2016

   Having read the r.sim.water doc page several times and looked at the
example I'm still unclear how to create the rain, Manning's n, infiltration,
and walkers for my project area.

   I have limited rain date (daily totals for a couple of months or monthly
averages for several years), yet possibly obtain useful information for this
and infiltration rates from the soil mapping unit code's description.
However, I've no idea how to create the man map and I don't understand what
the walkers are or how they influence results.

   Are there other docs I should read?

Rich