[GRASS-user] GIS software popularity ranking: http://gisgeography.com/mapping-out-gis-software-landscape

Thomas Adams tea3rd at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 10:54:57 PDT 2016

Rich,

The only problem (not for us per se) is wider acceptance of GRASS GIS based
on inherent biases derived from a lack of familiarity with GRASS and blind
disregard for it. At worst, GRASS' capabilities are misrepresented. GRASS,
QGIS, SAGA GIS, etc. represent threats to ESRI -- they are not above
spreading falsehoods... A larger user base enriches open source projects --
R serves as a great example...

Tom