[GRASS-user] 7.3.svn observations

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Sep 27 13:28:55 PDT 2016

For information; response not necessary:

   Prepared a map in the map display window with annotations: scale bar/north
arrow and text. The map was saved as a .png and the workspace with the
raster and vector maps was also saved. When I again invoked grass and loaded
the saved workspace the text annotations were gone while the scale bar/north
arrow were present. Perhaps whoever contributes to the map annotation
function(s) and add text retention and display when workspaces are saved and
loaded.

   Also, while a GTK+ issue rather than a GRASS issue, there are multiple
pango errors thrown ("(wxgui.py:12046): Pango-CRITICAL **:
pango_layout_get_cursor_pos: assertion ndex >= 0 && index <= layout->length'
failed") and I'm assuming these appeared when I added text to the map.

Thanks all,

Rich