[GRASS-user] Modifying vector map in map display window

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Apr 6 15:09:36 PDT 2017

   I have a line digitized in the map display window and I want to add two
segments so it bounds an area. I'll then convert that area to a raster MASK.

   Tried using the 'edit line/boundary' feature but it's not adding the
segments to the existing line. Putting the cursor on one end vertex and
issuing a left-click, I drag the line to a corner, left-click, continue
dragging to the second line end vertex, double left-click (which turns the
exiting line from black to dashed yellow), then right-click. The original
line remains.

   What have I done incorrectly here?

Rich