[GRASS-user] Python3 with GRASS?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Apr 16 14:19:42 PDT 2017

On Sun, 16 Apr 2017, Rich Shepard wrote:

> My question was not as well formed as it should have been. I wonder how
> much closer to useful python3 support the development version has come.

Helmut,

   Zarch's thread from a couple of years ago is interesting. Has any
developer run 2to3 on python2 code (changing, for example, python2 strings
to python3 bytes and python2 unicode strings to python3 strings)?

   My understanding is that python3's 2to3 does most syntax changes for us.

Regards,

Rich