[GRASS-user] Python3 with GRASS?

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Sun Apr 16 14:24:13 PDT 2017

Rich Shepard wrote
> On Sun, 16 Apr 2017, Helmut Kudrnovsky wrote:
>
>> as stated in REQUIREMENTS to compile GRASS GIS 7 [1]
>>   Note: Python 3 support is still in development
>
> Helmut,
>
>    My question was not as well formed as it should have been. I wonder how
> much closer to useful python3 support the development version has come.
>
> Thanks for the other URLs,

when you do a search in the dev ML about python 3:

https://grass.osgeo.org/documentation/search-engine/

there are quite a lot of entries about python 3 discussions.

AFAIU there is no finally decided conclusion about python 3 support;

so the above mentioned statement may be still valid. others may have a
deeper insight.

-----
best regards
Helmut