[GRASS-user] Python3 with GRASS?

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Tue Apr 18 06:09:51 PDT 2017

Rich Shepard wrote
> On Sun, 16 Apr 2017, Helmut Kudrnovsky wrote:
>
>> as stated in REQUIREMENTS to compile GRASS GIS 7 [1]
>>   Note: Python 3 support is still in development
>
> Helmut,
>
>    My question was not as well formed as it should have been. I wonder how
> much closer to useful python3 support the development version has come.
>
> Thanks for the other URLs,
>
> Rich

AFAIU wxpython wasn't yet some kind of fully python 3 compatible on all
platforms.

Grass GUI is based on wxpython; therefore still a strong relation to the
python 2-line.

See
https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-dev/2017-April/084781.html

So, there may be now a stronger momentum to get GRASS more python3 aware, as
the new wxpython engine is it now.

-----
best regards
Helmut