[GRASS-user] Aggregation of massive number of raster layers with r.series

Pierre Roudier pierre.roudier at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 15:49:35 PDT 2017

Hi,

I am trying to compute the 95th percentile of a massive grid (12+
million pixels) for a massive number of layers (~2500 layers).

I am doing the aggregation using r.series on our cluster running grass
7.2, but of course it takes ages (21% there after 3 days).

- I tried to tile the process, but it doesn't seem to help much.

- Is there any benefit for me to switch to t.rast.aggregate? My
understanding was that it was a wrapper around r.series.

- Does anyone have a fancy trick to make the aggregation go faster
(parallelisation)?

Cheers,

Pierre