[GRASS-user] g.list ... -1073741701

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Mon Aug 14 00:41:21 PDT 2017

On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 3:26 AM, Edmund Swylan
<Edmund.Swylan at ponymail.com> wrote:
> I understand that this is where one may come with one's GRASS problems;
> please, someone, correct me if I have got it wrong.

All fine, welcome here!

> I seem to have just installed GRASS 7.2.1 under Windows XP along with
> the spearfish60_grass7. An attempt to start a session with
> (spearfish...,user1) gets return code -1073741701;
> the g.list test does not get any complaint about sqlite3.dll
> (the message mentions 0xc000007b) but I have tried hiding competing
> sqlite3.dlls anyway - to no avail.

Searching in the net I found the hint that there may be a mixup of
64bit and 32bit DLLs:

Similar issues:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/11648621/c-sdl-native-has-exited-with-code-1073741701-0xc000007b
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/32990900/opencv-and-qt-exit-code-1073741701

> What might the matter be?

Could you please check if you got any 64bit DLL in the way? I suppose
that your XP installation is a 32bit system.

Markus

--
Markus Neteler, PhD
http://www.mundialis.de - free data with free software