[GRASS-user] g.list ... -1073741701

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Sat Aug 19 13:17:14 PDT 2017

Edmund Swylan wrote
> ES> I seem to have just installed GRASS 7.2.1 under Windows XP along with
> ES> the spearfish60_grass7. An attempt to start a session with
> ES> (spearfish...,user1) gets return code -1073741701;
> ES> the g.list test does not get any complaint about sqlite3.dll
> ES> (the message mentions 0xc000007b) but I have tried hiding competing
> ES> sqlite3.dlls anyway - to no avail.
>
> MN> Searching in the net I found the hint that there may be a mixup of
> MN> 64bit and 32bit DLLs:
> MN> Similar issues:
> MN>
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/11648621/c-sdl-native-has-exited-with-code-1073741701-0xc000007b
> MN>
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/32990900/opencv-and-qt-exit-code-1073741701
> MN> Could you please check if you got any 64bit DLL in the way? I suppose
> MN> that your XP installation is a 32bit system.
>
> Dear Markus,
>
> Thank you very much for your response.
>
> Yes, the XP installation is 32 bit.
>
> I have made sure that the sqlite3.dll from the ...\extrabin and no other
> gets used by renaming this squlite3.dll and getting it reported as
> missing.
> I have tried three sqlite3.dlls from my collection and got the -1073741701
> in all cases. At least one of the three works as expected in other
> contexts.
> I have observed that the sqlite3.dll in WinGRASS-7.2.1-1-Setup-x86.exe
> is the biggest of the lot though not the newest.
>
> I have also tried - for the first time - a GRASS 7.2.0 that came with
> QGIS 2.14 (and two sqlite.dlls: one QGIS 2.14's and another for saga);
> -1073741701.
>
> Perhaps another .dll is to blame? Which .dlls might be relevant and
> - probably - not used by SQLite in non-spatial contexts?

tested here on an old winXP 32bit box, unfortunately I can't reproduce the
error; everything works ok.

----
GRASS version: 7.2.1
GRASS SVN revision: r71013
Build date: 2017-05-03
Build platform: i386-w64-mingw32
GDAL: 2.1.3
PROJ.4: 4.9.3
GEOS: 3.5.0
SQLite: 3.17.0
Python: 2.7.4
wxPython: 2.8.12.1
Platform: Windows-Vista-6.0.6002-SP2

typing following in the winGRASS windows console:

C:\Users\normal>where sqlite3.dll
C:\Program Files\GRASS GIS 7.2.1\extrabin\sqlite3.dll

----

GRASS version: 7.2.1
GRASS SVN revision: r71013
Build date: 2017-05-03
Build platform: i386-w64-mingw32
GDAL: 2.1.3
PROJ.4: 4.9.3
GEOS: 3.5.0
SQLite: 3.17.0
Python: 2.7.4
wxPython: 2.8.12.1
Platform: Windows-Vista-6.0.6002-SP2 (OSGeo4W)

typing following in the winGRASS windows console:

C:\>where sqlite3.dll
C:\OSGeo4W\bin\sqlite3.dll

----

and then in a normal windows console provided by the operating system:

C:\Users>where sqlite3.dll
INFORMATION: No file could be found

----

(1) could you open a normal windows console provided by the operating system
and type:

where sqlite3.dll

and post the result

(2) could you try the OSGeo4W-winGRASS [A] without any change in your
settings or files in the OSGeo4W-winGRASS installation and try winGRASS
there; type 'where sqlite3.dll' in the OSGeo4W-windows console

(3) and as Markus suggested in the other mail: try Dependency Walker to
check dll-dependencies

(4) any chance to use another windows box than winXP?

[A] https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/

-----
best regards
Helmut