[GRASS-user] d.rast.edit with multiple maps

Ken Mankoff mankoff at gmail.com
Sun Aug 20 04:46:41 PDT 2017

On Sun, Aug 20, 2017 at 1:23 PM, Helmut Kudrnovsky <hellik at web.de> wrote:

> [please keep conversation on the ML, that other can benefit ]

Yes of course. For some reason GMail defaulted to "reply" instead of "reply
to all"

> > I'm using GRASS on the CLI
>
> How will you do visually raster editing on the CLI?

I typically call d.rast and d.vect and etc. from the CLI, and when first
trying d.rast.edit did that from CLI too. Yes those commands do bring up a
window. Thanks for your advice below, I will look into the larger GRASS
wxGUI for the transparency.

Anyway, I expect this will help, but may not be a complete solution... I'd
like to be able to examine multiple rasters while editing 1 (or >1).
Something like g.gui.mapswipe, but with more linked maps, would be good. It
seems this needs to be a custom tool I write, perhaps using the Python API.

Thanks again for the hint about transparency,

   -k.