[GRASS-user] d.rast.edit with multiple maps

Ken Mankoff mankoff at gmail.com
Sun Aug 20 07:36:13 PDT 2017

I'm able to start the "Raster Digitizer" tool, but then cannot do anything.
A second toolbar opens and the mouse cursor changes to a pen (edit mode?),
but when I click on the map, I get a dialog that says, "Please select the
first raster map". I'm not sure where/what/how to select this, and I have
been unable to find documentation about this new tool.

How would one go about removing a hill from a DEM? I imagine drawing a new
raster by digitizing an area, then using it to set the hill region in the
DEM to NULL, then interpolating the DEM to fill in the now-removed hill.
Does this seem like a reasonable workflow?

Thanks,

  -k.