[GRASS-user] Cropping maps

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 07:26:02 PST 2017

For cropping, see also a new addon module called r.clip which clips
according the computational region while respecting mask and the *original*
raster resolution:

https://grass.osgeo.org/grass72/manuals/addons/r.clip.html

Testing and feedback welcome.

Vaclav

On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 10:35 AM, Moritz Lennert <
mlennert at club.worldonline.be> wrote:

> On 26/09/17 16:17, Moritz Lennert wrote:
>
>> On 26/09/17 15:57, Marco Alicera wrote:
>>
>>> Dear list,
>>> I am trying to crop a raster map into a smaller area, but I am failing.
>>>
>>> This wiki page link <https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Cropping_maps> is
>>> quite clear:
>>> "Make boundary into mask using r.mask
>>> <https://grass.osgeo.org/grass72/manuals/r.mask.html> then copy raster
>>> source to new map (g.copy
>>> <https://grass.osgeo.org/grass72/manuals/g.copy.html>). All cells
>>> outside of the mask will be omitted from the new copy."
>>>
>>> r.mask vector=myarea
>>> g.copy --overwrite raster=OldRasterWithBigArea,NewRasterWithSmallArea