[GRASS-user] Cropping maps

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 07:39:04 PST 2017

On Fri, Dec 1, 2017 at 4:26 PM, Vaclav Petras <wenzeslaus at gmail.com> wrote:

> For cropping, see also a new addon module called r.clip which clips
according the computational region while respecting mask and the *original*
raster resolution:

> https://grass.osgeo.org/grass72/manuals/addons/r.clip.html
>
> Testing and feedback welcome.

About
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass-addons/grass7/raster/r.clip/r.clip.py#L42

g.region align=original

is sufficient. You don't need to specify nsres or ewres when aligning to a
raster map because nsres and ewres of the raster map are used anyway for
alignment.

Markus M