[GRASS-user] Install GRASS stable and experimental in parallel

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Dec 14 05:52:50 PST 2017

On Thu, 14 Dec 2017, Stefan Blumentrath wrote:

> I would assume, being able to have package based installations of test
> versions in parallel to the current stable would make it easier for casual
> testers or people interested in certain features of development versions
> to get more involved in early testing in general… Meaning, if that is
> technically possible it could be a good thing to do, in order to increase
> number of testers and early adopters… Just a thought…

Stefan,

   I used to run the svn trunk version along with the stable version but
finally dropped the latter. Running the latest release code I've found a few
bugs or inconsistencies and the developers have quickly applied patches.
Sometimes within the hour. While I'm not using all modules or different data
types when I do find something that needs fixing I make the developers aware
of the problem so others don't encounter it.

Regards,

Rich