[GRASS-user] Problem installing grass7 AddOn

Anna Muñoz a.munyoz.b at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 04:48:35 PST 2017

Hi all,

I have just installed r.sun.daily grass addon following the instructions
described in https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/AddOns.
As you can see in the console message the installation was successful:

(Thu Feb 09 12:56:20 2017)

g.extension extension=r.sun.daily operation=add

Downloading precompiled GRASS Addons <r.sun.daily>...
Updating addons metadata file...
Installation of <r.sun.daily> successfully finished
(Thu Feb 09 12:56:22 2017) Command finished (2 sec)

Also, if I check the list of extensions installed I get this result:

C:\> g.extension -a
List of installed extensions <modules>:
r.sun.daily

But, when I try to execute r.sun.daily inside a python script it seems like
the addon was not installed.
As a example, this is the command that I have been using ...

gscript.run_command("r.sun.daily", flags = "t", elevation = "dsm", aspect =
"aspect", slope = "slope", ... )

And this is the error message:
OSError: Cannot find the executable r.sun.daily

should i have to do anything more to finish the installation properly ?

Many thanks in advance,

A.