[GRASS-user] r.mapcalculator and r.mapcalc

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 17:03:24 PST 2017

Hi Pedro,

On Mon, Feb 20, 2017 at 7:36 PM, Pedro Venâncio <pedrongvenancio at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Vaclav,
>
> The problem with r.mapcalc in QGIS was this one:
>
> https://hub.qgis.org/issues/6894

I forgot about this ticket. If I interpret the comments correctly there are
still people who want r.mapcalculator despite its issues.

I also forgot about -l flag to list inputs and outputs in G7.2:

r.mapcalc "a = elevation + lakes" -l
output=a
input=elevation at PERMANENT,lakes at PERMANENT

It does not do the computation, it only lists the inputs and outputs. The
was point to make writing the wrappers easier and more robust. See details
here:

https://grass.osgeo.org/grass72/manuals/r.mapcalc.html
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2592
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/changeset/67000

> It was partially solved, but not completely. So, Victor had created a new
> raster calculator using native QGIS classes:
>
> https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/3779

Thanks for the info.