[GRASS-user] Creating STRDS from scratch

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Feb 21 14:05:26 PST 2017

   Having read the temporal data processing/maps registration wiki page I
want to check that I'm using the correct t.register syntax for my data.

   A series of maps exists with names of the format 'rainfall_YYYYMMDD'.
While these define the start_time and end_time each file represents one
day's value (as an hourly rate) so I believe that I can use a start_time and
duration description:

t.register -i input=rainfall maps='g.list type=raster pattern=rainfall_*' \
separator=comma start='2013-11-15' increment='1 days'

   Is this correct? Or, should I use:

t.register input=precipitacion maps='g.list type=raster pattern=rainfall_* \
separator=comma start="2013-11-15" increment="1 days"

without the '-i' option?

Rich