[GRASS-user] Color equalization after patching/mosaicking the satellite data from multiple scenes

Sajid Pareeth spareeth at gmail.com
Sun Jan 1 09:12:48 PST 2017

Hi Nikos,

Thank you for the reply.

some normalisation, before patching, is what "needs" to be done, I think.
> Relative
> normalisation here (either for images of different dates over the same
> area, or neighbouring images of the same date).

Yes I also agree with that, I tried doing histogram matching before running
r.patch, though I am not sure if it is right way. Any idea on how the
change in values due to matching will affect further processing?

> I never finished implementing some very simple process as described in
> user manual(s) for QuickBird2 imagery, if I remember well.
>
> I have a draft module which I named i.radio.balance. In short:  the
> major difference between two scenes of the same area is the solar
> geometry.  This difference can be minimized by correcting imagery for
> Earth-sun distance and solar zenith angle.

> I can send you off-list, if you want, the on-going script (incomplete, yet
> well
> documented I believe it to be).
>
> I would be happy to test your code and let you know the results. Let me
know.

Regards

Sajid