[GRASS-user] Image segmentation

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Thu Jan 19 13:10:14 PST 2017

Le Thu, 19 Jan 2017 11:08:13 -0500,
Giuseppe Amatulli <giuseppe.amatulli at gmail.com> a écrit :

> Thanks Markus,
> the problem with the v.voronoi is that the polygon borders will be
> calculate based on point distance and not on the cost surface.
> Any other input?

Seems to me that "voronoi" is not what you are looking for.

Maybe you could have a look at some of the topographic modules like
r.param.scale or the addon r.geomorphon to extract the valleys.

Or you could you r.watershed but output the streams and/or the
accumulation map to identify the valleys. Then some magic to reduce
these to lines (r.reclass + r.thin maybe).

Moritz