[GRASS-user] Importing NAIP from WMS?

Jeshua Lacock jeshua at 3DTOPO.com
Tue Jul 4 16:23:28 PDT 2017

> On Jul 4, 2017, at 7:54 AM, Jeff McKenna <jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com> wrote:
>
> Followup:  I was able to get the NAIP California WMS service working with GRASS, here were my steps:

Hi Jeff,

Awesome, thank you! Can you tell if the compression used is with SID? I can’t find any documentation anywhere stating what the compression used for the WMS data is.

> - installed winGRASS 7.3-dev from https://wingrass.fsv.cvut.cz/grass73/x86_64/

Do you think 7.3-dev is required? I am running 7.2 and am hesitant to install 7.3-dev for a production environment.

> - followed steps in the manual to execute a GetCapabilities request:
>
>   - in "Console" tab, executed this command:
>
>         r.in.wms -c url=https://gis.apfo.usda.gov/arcgis/services/NAIP/California_2016_60cm/ImageServer/WMSServer?

I had tried that, but I get an error:

ERROR: Unable to load GDAL python bindings

Anyone have any ideas how to fix this error? I am using the Mac OS X binaries installed with MacPorts.

Best,

Jeshua Lacock
Founder/Engineer
<3DTOPO.com>