[GRASS-user] Can't use v.overlay on patched vector

Jeshua Lacock jeshua at 3DTOPO.com
Wed Jul 19 00:55:48 PDT 2017

> On Jul 19, 2017, at 1:01 AM, Jeshua Lacock <jeshua at 3dtopo.com> wrote:
>
> I can’t seem to patch two vectors together with an attribute table then use the v.overlay command on the patched vector. I can use v.overlay if I don’t use v.patch's -e option, but I need the attribute table. Any way around this?

I was able to get it to work by using v.db.renamecolumn to rename columns that would be duplicates when truncated by v.patch.

I am kind of surprised we can only use columns with 10-characters, and using v.patch uses two of the characters (it appends a_ etc.). 8 characters isn’t exactly a lot. Is there are reason why columns have this limitation?

Cheers,

Jeshua Lacock
Founder/Engineer
<3DTOPO.com>