[GRASS-user] Hardware requirements to run GRASS

Luí­s Moreira de Sousa luis.de.sousa at protonmail.ch
Tue Jun 13 09:04:30 PDT 2017

I am getting old. The most recent 16-bit CPU released by Intel was the 80286 (I though all the x86 family were so). In the early 1990s we had two of these at Highschool - the first computers I ever used to do something other than playing games.

These old processors could only address 16 MB of RAM, therefore we can easily exclude them from the list of supported hardware.

Cheers.

--
Luís Moreira de Sousa
Im Grund 6