[GRASS-user] Projection errors with Aster GDEM and SHP Files

preiaen nils.hempel at gmx.de
Mon Jun 19 04:27:25 PDT 2017

Hi Folks,

I'm trying to combine a ASTER GDEM and some shape files from a different
source in one mapset. I created a location using the aster_dem.tiff and
another location using the .shp file.
Now I want both maps in one mapset with a different projection. The import
with r. / v.proj works without errors, but the displayed result is wrong.
The either the raster or the vector map is getting shown in a wrong
position.
When I use QGis however and open the imported GDEM from the Grass Mapset
together with the shp directly the vector maps are getting shown in the
right position. Can someone tell me where I make my mistake. All projections
are wgs84 based but not the same.

Thanks in advanced

Nils