[GRASS-user] [ERROR 4:unable to open EPSG support file gcs.csv]

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Mon Mar 20 02:54:46 PDT 2017

[please keep it on the mailing list! others can help and others can benefit from the answers!]

> I am using windows 10 * 64-bit processor in my PC and windows 8 * 64 bit processor in my laptop.
>
>Running gdal-config --datadir throws error:
>
>'gdal-config' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
>operable program or batch file.

OK; in winGRASS, there is no gdal-config, thus the error.

which winGRASS are you using? standalone-winGRASS 7.2.0? OSGeo4W-winGRASS 7.2.0?

testing it here with:

-----
System Info
GRASS version: 7.2.0
GRASS SVN revision: r70156
Build date: 2016-12-29
Build platform: i386-w64-mingw32
GDAL: 2.1.2
PROJ.4: 4.9.3
GEOS: 3.5.0
SQLite: 3.14.1
Python: 2.7.4
wxPython: 2.8.12.1
Platform: Windows-Vista-6.0.6002-SP2 (OSGeo4W)
-----

typing in the winGRASS-windows console:

C:\>echo %GDAL_DATA%
C:\OSGeo4W\share\gdal

here the %GDAL_DATA% variable points to the correct path.

try the same on both your working and not working system and report the differences.

kind regards
Helmut

-------------------------------
Gesendet: Montag, 20. März 2017 um 08:31 Uhr

Betreff: Re: [GRASS-user] [ERROR 4:unable to open EPSG support file gcs.csv]

Thanks,
 I am using windows 10 * 64-bit processor in my PC and windows 8 * 64 bit processor in my laptop.

Running gdal-config --datadir throws error:

'gdal-config' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Best,

On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 12:07 PM, Helmut Kudrnovsky <hellik at web.de[mailto:hellik at web.de]> wrote:Ang Sherpa wrote
> Hi users,
>
> I am trying to produce basin shape-file and then save in desktop in new
> directory with python script. Interestingly, it gets welly executed in my
> PC as expected. However, with the same script following error is thrown in
> my laptop.
>
> r.to.vect complete
> ERROR 4:Unable to open EPSG support file gcs.csv.
> Try setting the GDAL_DATA environment variable to point to the directory
> containing EPSG csv files.
> ERROR: Unknown EPSG code 32645
>

> The projection system that I am working is:
> name: WGS 84 / UTM zone 45N
> datum: wgs84
> ellps: wgs84
> proj: utm
> zone: 45
>
> My laptop processor  is AMD 64-bit processor and PC is i7 series 64 bit
> processor. The grass 7.2.0 on both system.
>
> Any solution will be much appreciated.
>

> *Best,*
> *Ang Dawa Sherpa*

This may be an issue of your GDAL installation.

Which OS are you using? Linux? Windows? Mac?

Running gdal-config --datadir shows where GDAL searches for gcs.csv.

-----
best regards
Helmut
--
View this message in context: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/ERROR-4-unable-to-open-EPSG-support-file-gcs-csv-tp5313117p5313118.html[http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/ERROR-4-unable-to-open-EPSG-support-file-gcs-csv-tp5313117p5313118.html]