[GRASS-user] Quiting 7.3.svn

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon May 8 10:57:18 PDT 2017

   I run current builds of 7.3.svn on Slackware-14.1 and -14.2. When finished
with a session I enter ctrl-q and respond to the message box by clicking the
button for quitting all of grass and not just the gui.

   This does not close the command line in the virtual terminal in which
grass was started, so I type 'exit' on the command line and this does the
job. However, ...

   Frequently, when I initiate a new grass session I'm told there already is
a running instance of the application and asks if I'm sure that I want to
start a new process. Responding 'yes' twice loads grass and off I go.

   I cannot find a grass process once I exit the command line so I assume
there's something else stuck that did not get closed or removed when I exit
the application. What might that be?

   When you devs get around to it, fixing the exiting process so that either
the GUI File->Quit or 'exit' on the command line shuts down and cleans up
everything would be a Good Thing(TM).

Regards,

Rich