[GRASS-user] v.reclass: no attribute table created

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com
Sun May 14 23:38:37 PDT 2017

On Fri, May 12, 2017 at 4:31 PM, RichardCooper <richtcooper at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but after apparently successfully
running
> v.reclass the resulting vector layer contains no attribute table and no
new
> table is created. I have observed the same problem in sqlite and
postgresql.

> v.reclass --overwrite input=zones at PERMANENT
output=zones_reclassed at PERMANENT
> rules=/home/user/Desktop/rulesf.rcl

When using the rules option, it does not make sense to copy attributes,
therefore an attribute table is not created. For example, several entries
could have 'texstring' in col_name but different values in col_name2,
therefore col_name2 can not be copied.

You can create a new attribute table with v.db.addtable.

> WARNING: Vector map <zone_reclassed> already exists and will be
overwritten
> WARNING: For 368 elements no new category was defined
> Building topology for vector map <zones_reclassed at PERMANENT>...
> Registering primitives...
> 1543 primitives registered
> 34380 vertices registered
> Building areas...
> 510 areas built
> 240 isles built
> Attaching islands...
> Attaching centroids...
> Number of nodes: 763
> Number of primitives: 1543
> Number of points: 0
> Number of lines: 0
> Number of boundaries: 1033
> Number of centroids: 510
> Number of areas: 510
> Number of isles: 240
>
> Here, I'm trying to reclassify categories with the text strings in
col_name
> to categories 1000 and 1001.
> rules.rcf:
> cat 1000
> where col_name = 'text string'
> cat 1001
> where col_name = 'test string2'
>
> The above output mentions 'no new category defined'?

No new category is defined if there is no matching rule.

Markus M