[GRASS-user] v.reclass: no attribute table created

RichardCooper richtcooper at hotmail.com
Fri May 12 07:31:23 PDT 2017

Hi,

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but after apparently successfully running
v.reclass the resulting vector layer contains no attribute table and no new
table is created. I have observed the same problem in sqlite and postgresql.

v.reclass --overwrite input=zones at PERMANENT output=zones_reclassed at PERMANENT
rules=/home/user/Desktop/rulesf.rcl
WARNING: Vector map <zone_reclassed> already exists and will be overwritten
WARNING: For 368 elements no new category was defined
Building topology for vector map <zones_reclassed at PERMANENT>...
Registering primitives...
1543 primitives registered
34380 vertices registered
Building areas...
510 areas built
240 isles built
Attaching islands...
Attaching centroids...
Number of nodes: 763
Number of primitives: 1543
Number of points: 0
Number of lines: 0
Number of boundaries: 1033
Number of centroids: 510
Number of areas: 510
Number of isles: 240

Here, I'm trying to reclassify categories with the text strings in col_name
to categories 1000 and 1001.
rules.rcf:
cat 1000
where col_name = 'text string'
cat 1001
where col_name = 'test string2'

The above output mentions 'no new category defined'?

Many thanks for your feedback.
Richard