[GRASS-user] v.to.db area calculations

Blumentrath, Stefan Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Thu May 18 09:41:48 PDT 2017

Hi James,

QGIS uses a ellipsoidal area measurement, while GRASS (like most of the other GIS) uses a Cartesian measurement (others, please correct me if that is not the case in WGS84).

See amongst others:
https://issues.qgis.org/issues/12057 and
https://issues.qgis.org/issues/14675

Would you mind comparing area measurement of a third software (SAGA, PostGIS, ...)?

Cheers
Stefan