[GRASS-user] increase performance of r.neighbors

Giuseppe Amatulli giuseppe.amatulli at gmail.com
Fri May 26 08:04:14 PDT 2017

Hi all,
I'm running  r.neighbors for a global 250m raster with window-size setting
larger than 100 pixels.
The computation take almost 1 week and i'm thinking if there is a way to
speed up the process.

I know how to set-up a multi-region & multi-core computation and working in
tiles but I would avoid due to the difference that I would encounter in the
tile borders (and tile overlap will be required).

Is it possible to run  r.neighbors in parallel or increase the memory that
r.neighbors  would use (as developed in r.watershed)?

Thank you
Best
Giuseppe

--
Giuseppe Amatulli, Ph.D.

Research scientist at
Yale School of Forestry & Environmental Studies
Yale Center for Research Computing
Center for Science and Social Science Information
New Haven, 06511
Teaching: http://spatial-ecology.org
Work:  https://environment.yale.edu/profile/giuseppe-amatulli/