[GRASS-user] Unable to open the Corine land cover map using GrassGIS 7

Hakim Benoudjit h.benoudjit at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 07:01:38 PDT 2017

Hi,

I'm unable to open the Coring Land cover map (100m accuracy version) for
Europe using GrassGIS, which can be downloaded from
http://land.copernicus.eu/pan-european/corine-land-cover/clc-2012.
Apparentely the coordinate system of this land cover map isn't supported
(The projection is ETRS89 (EPSG:3035)),  while the projection of the
location I'm trying to import the raster to is WGS84 (EPSG:4326). Here is
the error shown in GrassGIS: *ERROR: Coordinate reference system not
available for input <C:\Data\Corine Land
Cover\g100_clc12_V18_5a\g100_clc12_V18_5.tif>*

Is there a workaround in GrassGIS to open this image?
Otherwise which tool should I use to reproject it?

Thanks.
Hakim.