[GRASS-user] Unable to open the Corine land cover map using GrassGIS 7

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 09:23:09 PDT 2017

On Mon, Oct 9, 2017 at 4:37 PM, Stefan Blumentrath <
Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no> wrote:

> Hi Hakim,
>

> Try r.import (https://grass.osgeo.org/grass72/manuals/r.import.html).
>
> ETRS LAEA (EPSG:3035) is of course “supported”.

True, but a coordinate reference system not included in the input data,
therefore r.import will not work and you need to define the CRS (EPSG:3035)
manually.

Markus M

> Cheers
>
> Stefan

Hakim Benoudjit
> Sent: mandag 9. oktober 2017 16.02
> To: grass-user at lists.osgeo.org
> Subject: [GRASS-user] Unable to open the Corine land cover map using
GrassGIS 7

> Hi,
>
> I'm unable to open the Coring Land cover map (100m accuracy version) for
Europe using GrassGIS, which can be downloaded from
http://land.copernicus.eu/pan-european/corine-land-cover/clc-2012.

> Apparentely the coordinate system of this land cover map isn't supported
(The projection is ETRS89 (EPSG:3035)),  while the projection of the
location I'm trying to import the raster to is WGS84 (EPSG:4326). Here is
the error shown in GrassGIS: ERROR: Coordinate reference system not
available for input <C:\Data\Corine Land
Cover\g100_clc12_V18_5a\g100_clc12_V18_5.tif>