[GRASS-user] P value for slope from r.series

Daniel Victoria daniel.victoria at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 10:19:27 PDT 2017

I just read on the p-value regression ticket a comment from Markus Metz
[1]. If I understood correctly, he mentions that the chances of getting
small p-values at random is high and we should do a correction. But this
would result in non-significant p-values. He concludes that it would be
more "appropriate to make prior assumptions about slope, intercept, and
effect size, then judge the results according to these prior assumptions".

Does this means that I should not rely on the p-value obtained?

Where can I find more information about this? Some colleagues and I are in
the process of finishing a paper that uses applies a regression to annual
NDVI data and right now, we are discussing if we should (or not) consider
the p-values obtained.

Thanks and sorry if this is a bit of topic

Cheers
Daniel

[1] https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2376#comment:3