[GRASS-user] large shapefile not importing properly with v.import

Ken Mankoff mankoff at gmail.com
Sat Oct 21 01:42:18 PDT 2017

On 2017-10-20 at 18:22, Helmut Kudrnovsky <hellik at web.de> wrote:
> try to use v.in.ogr instead in a location with the original projection
> and then reproject it.

If I import into its native projection with ~v.in.ogr~ it displays fine. If I then reproject with ~v.proj~, data is once again dropped.

~v.in.ogr~ complained about overlaps, which I don't think should exist, even if they are valid in theory. I am currently re-importing with ~snap=1E-13~ as suggested by ~v.in.ogr~, but that is taking a few hours. Anyway, it seems likely the reprojection won't work in this case either.

I find it strange that QGIS handles this both instantly and correctly (at least correctly based on a cursory visual examination).

  -k.