[GRASS-user] large shapefile not importing properly with v.import

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Sun Oct 22 13:07:49 PDT 2017

Thanks for testing

>Apparently, there are a lot of polygons in Natura2000 data that are >really
overlapping, e.g.
>SITECODE: UK0030395
>SITENAME: Southern North Sea
>with
>SITECODE: UK0030352
>SITENAME: Dogger Bank
>
>Maybe some sites have been updated (both spatial delineation >and name),
but the old versions have not been deleted

there are 3 site types in the data: sites according to the Bird directive
(A), sites according the Habitat directive (B) and sites according to both
Directives (C).

Overlapping of A and B are ok, overlapping  A and B or A and C should be
incorrect.

I've implemented an GRASS addon for importing the SQLite version of this
data:

https://grass.osgeo.org/grass72/manuals/addons/v.in.natura2000.html

what I've seen while importing sites for some species or habitats, there are
such error messages already mentioned.

According to your findings, I try to adapt the add-on, when time permits...

-----
best regards
Helmut
--