[GRASS-user] t.register: register 4 consecutive rasters maps per month for long time series

Veronica Andreo veroandreo at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 10:04:38 PDT 2017

Hello Johanes,

there's and example in t.register manual page with netCDF files [0] that
might help. You would have 48 maps per year (IMHO, 0.25*month is a bit
strange as time step, but well). I would say that you need to write a
script to get dates for each 1/4 of a month (maybe someone else know of a
function to do a similar task, dunno) in your time series and then make a
file with mapname|start_time|end_time to pass to t.register.

However, if you only need to estimate yearly means and long term means, you
can use r.series [1] with every 48 maps for yearly means and, the whole
list of maps for the long term mean.

hth,
Vero

[0] https://grass.osgeo.org/grass72/manuals/t.register.html