[GRASS-user] t.register: register 4 consecutive rasters maps per month for long time series

Johannes Radinger johannesradinger at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 02:56:03 PDT 2017

Hi,
I am very new to the temporal functionalities of GRASS. Specifically I have
a netCDF file that contains many layers where each layer represents a
raster map of a drought index (http://monitordesequia.csic.es/map/) for a
timepoint of a timeseries. The time series is from 1/1961 to 12/2015 with 4
maps for each month. So these are not really weekly maps but maps with an
interval of 0.25*months. The layers of the netCDF are only numbered
consecutively so there is no indication of a specific date etc. (I just now
that they start with 1/1961 and then the interval of 0.25*months). What
would be the procedure to register these raster maps in GRASS so that I can
calculate later only e.g. yearly means and a long-time year average?

Best regards,
Johannes